Sunday, May 31, 2009

Abortion doctor murdered

Well know Dr. George Tiller of Wichita, who was known for being one of the few doctors in the US willing to make late term abortions, has been murdered.

NY Times has the story

Abortion Doctor Shot to Death in Church

George Tiller, a Wichita doctor who was one of the few doctors in the nation to perform late-term abortions, was shot to death on Sunday as he attended church, city officials in Wichita said.


It was not the first attempt on his life - he was shot in both arms in 1993, but unfortunately this time, it was fatal.

Dr. George Tiller was a brave man, and my thoughts go out to his family, colleagues, and friends.

Kansascity.com also has more

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Extremists of all ilks should...

be labeled extremists.

I am so glad I came out of the conservative christian religion I was raised in as a child.

I continue to be challenged with the concept that it does take two people to make a baby. When will an unwilling or unwitting father have a voice?

This is perhaps a more challenging question than the question of a woman's right to own what is in her body. If I helped create that do I have any right to it?

Not an easy question at all.

I think it is a reasonable question.

June 06, 2009 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home