Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Morning in America

As most of people in the world, I've waited for the US election result with excitement, mixed with fear. As the title of this blog shows, I am unapologetic pro-science, and as my posts show, I am a progressive. As such, there could only be one desired result of the US election. Thankfully, that's the one we got.

Obama is a little too religious for my taste, but he has good instincts about not making political decisions based on his religion. He is also very intelligent, and appears to understand that politics and diplomacy involves working together with others. All in all, he is not just "the lesser of two evils", but rather a good candidate in his own right.

Congratulations America, you made the right choice.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaethe said...

Thank you for being so tolerant of the past eight years. I think we all know what torture is now.

November 05, 2008 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best choice would be a Nader who embraced a categorical Animal Rights Atheism while losing the immigrationism. We call that combination a pragmatic compassion.

November 08, 2008 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home