Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lazy linking

Another round of blog posts that I thought might interest other people.

Mike Dunford has written a long and informative post on the mental problems surfacing in the US Military: Mental Health and the Rapidly Breaking Army. It's depressing reading, but a must-read in my opinion. When reading it, I couldn't help thinking about the story that surfaced back in March about mentally unfit soldiers being deployed (I covered it here).

On to a more light-hearted subject. I expect that most science bloggers are aware of the recent radio debate between PZ Myers and Geoffrey Simmons, a senior fellow from the Discovery Institute (a mp3 can be found here). While most of the coverage, including from the ID crowd, has focused on the pounding Simmons took, tinyfrog addresses Simmons' errors more specifically.

David Neiwert points us to Jet Heer's great take-down of the so-called scholarship of Johan Goldberg’s book Liberal Fascism. While speaking of Neiwert, I would be amiss, if I didn't mention his annual fund-raising effort. I know I'm a little late in mentioning it, but I would still recommend people to donate whatever they can spare. We need good informative bloggers like Neiwert out there.

Skatje seems to be interested in languages, and shares with us some information about an obscure language: Gothic.

Via feministing, Susan Wood gives a reason for feminists to support Hillary Clinton. I am not in favor of any of the current two top candidates among the Democrats, and would be happy if either of them became presidents. Still, it's good to hear such stories about the candidates.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home